Friday 11 May 2018

PROPERTY PRICE REDUCTIONS - HURRAH!

I look at Rightmove twice a day to see if anything new has come up for sale in my preferred areas and price bracket. Over the last couple of months, that welcome word 'reduced' has started appearing more frequently.

One of the properties I had been stalking on Rightmove had the price slashed from £475,000 to £440,000 so I went to view it on Wednesday. It was on a road in London NW5 where, 20 years ago, I owned a flat on two floors with three bedrooms, two bathrooms and two roof terraces. It is probably worth over a million now.

The one I went to see was one bedroom (small), one bathroom (enormous), one living room which sounded large on the details but was small in real life as the size and shape were compromised by doors and a staircase, a small kitchen, an understairs cupboard and a garden which seemed subterranean as the fences and greenery bordering it were so high. Gloomy ivy crawled everywhere like a mountaineer with depression and wonky legs, and upstairs had a roof terrace over the bedroom.

I left with the feeling of 'how are the mighty fallen'. Why did I ever leave North London for a spot in Hillingdon three miles from the nearest station? *bangs head on computer desk*

No comments:

Post a Comment