Thursday 23 June 2016

Missed out again! Why I don't trust estate agents.

Last Saturday, I was booked in to view a first floor flat in East Finchley. However, the agent informed me by email that he would shortly be getting the keys to another one round the corner, which had a garden, so I told him that, as I live 25 miles away and it takes me two hours to get there by public transport, he should let me know as soon as he got the keys and I could then view both on the same day.

"I'll make sure you're first through the door," he promised.

It is now Thursday and I hadn't heard from him, so I emailed ten minutes ago, only to be told, "The vendor has changed his mind about selling and is going to rent it out instead."

So much for being first through the door! With steam puffing out of my ears, I zapped an email straight back asking if I could still come and see the original flat, only to be told that unless I could get there tomorrow, it would be too late as he had had lots of viewings since Saturday and people had said they were going to put in offers by the end of the week.

I am at a funeral tomorrow so I can't go. I have missed out again and all because of being misled by a damned estate agent. I am furious. How does anyone ever get to see a property, let alone buy one, in the present cut-throat market? Is there any agent anywhere in London prepared to help this desperate damsel who couldn't even vote in the referendum as she was of no fixed abode?

I truly am The Desperate Housebuyer.


No comments:

Post a Comment